Nonstop Graduates Wanted For Instructor Jobs
It's the time of the year that resorts are planning their recruitment for the coming winter. As Nonstop graduates are valued so highly, a number of Canadian resorts have approached us to ask for help to fill their instructor positions for this season. If you've got your Canadian visa covered and all you need now is the job, check these out...
If you're keen on any of the vacancies below, we have the details of how to apply. Get in touch and we'll hook you up. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call, the number is on the bottom of this page.
Red Mountain, B.C.
RED Mountain is located in Rossland, BC, along the famous "Powder Highway". RED delivers 4,200 acres of pristine skiing unfettered by overdevelopment. RED boasts 300” of annual snowfall, wide-open groomers, 2,919ft of vertical, in-bounds cat-skiing, 360 degree descents, a rich tradition, and boasts the best tree runs in BC. RED Mountain Resorts’ Snowsports School is currently seeking both Ski and Snowboard instructors for the 2014/15 season. One of the current Snowsports School Co- Directors is in fact a Nonstop graduate himself.
A successful candidate must:
- Be polite, patient, understanding, and have a positive attitude
- Provide safe, fun lessons for clients of all ages and abilities
- Be enthusiastic and comfortable teaching children 3 years old +
- Meet minimum physical requirements including the ability to pick up students and manually assist them during lessons and chair lift loading/ unloading
- Be available on weekends
- Commit to all clubs and programs as assigned
- Hold CASI, CSIA or equivalent qualifications (Dual certs in ski and snowboarding are preferred)
- SnowPark certification an asset.
Wages and Benefits:
- Wages for full time instructors range from $11.79 to $19.76 depending on qualifications, plus very competitive commission for Private Request lessons
- Seasons pass
- Access to instructor training
- Discounts on food, beverage and retail
- A reciprocal pass program with other mountain resorts
- Equipment bonus.
Norquay, Banff, Alberta
Banff Mt Norquay is looking for ski instructors to work 3 to 5 days a week. Want to work at one of Canada’s best kept secrets and be able to say you worked at Banff’s local ski resort? Norquay is looking for people with strong customer service skill and a passionate skier with the desire to help all ages improve their skiing skills.
They are looking for instructors with a valid working holiday visa, looking to get a great start into the ski teaching world.
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive wages
- Discounts at many resorts in western Canada
- Great training
- Great team atmosphere
- Change of working year round
- Full time staff-pass
- Free Transportation to and from Norquay anytime
- Staff parties
- Staff trips.
They go out of their way to treat you like family and to make sure your experience at Norquay is one you will never forget. Start as an employee and leave as family.
Pass Powderkeg, Alberta
Alberta's hidden treasure, located in the heart of the Crowsnest Pass Pass Powderkeg is a friendly "family" ski area with consistent snow conditions, challenging terrain and warm, helpful staff. The Pass Powderkeg Ski Resort is operated by a non profit Society, and is a great family ski area that is typically open from the Christmas break until the last weekend of March. The terrain includes 1,200 vertical feet consisting of 15 runs, 2 t-bars, terrain park, night skiing, excellent ski and snowboard school, brand new rental equipment, and ski lodge. They are looking to recruit both ski and snowboard instructors.
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
- Guaranteed minimum average of 30 hours/week for the season. (There will be weeks with 44+ hours….but weeks with as little as 25 hours operating hours.)
- Start date is dependent on resort opening but it likely sometime between December 10 and 17
- End date – March 22
- Wage will depend on experience but will be in the range of $13-$14.5 per hour
- Assistance with finding accommodation
- Staff season pass
- Discount on lodge concessions
- Opportunity to help shape and develop new programs.
Wapiti Ski Club is a community based, volunteer run hill that has been in operation since 1973. The Hill is located in Elkford, BC, approximately 45 minutes from Fernie Alpine Resort, and is a popular and fun hill for residents and visitors alike. We run the Nonstop Community Days at this hill, so if you're a Nonstop graduate from Fernie, it's quite likely you'll have taught there before. They are looking for both ski and snowboard alumni for part time work this season, providing entry level ski/snowboarding instruction to guests in private, semi private and group lessons.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Have minimum level 1 Ski/Snowboard Instructor Certification
- Be reliable, mature and enjoy working with kids
- Have strong skiing/boarding ability in all types of snow and terrain
- Be able to work a variety of hours – evenings and weekends primarily
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Skiing/Snowboarding for up to 6 hours
- Carry skis, poles and other equipment
- Required to work outside in all weather, including extreme cold, snow and wind
- Undergo a Criminal Record Check
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
- Part time seasonal work (January to March)
- Competitive wage
- Dynamic position.
Whistler Blackcomb, B.C.
Every year Whistler Blackcomb hold a snow school hiring fair for jobs over the coming season, starting on 1 December. This year the hiring fair takes place on 31 October and 1 November and covers recruitment for 200 full time positions. You'll need to apply now to be considered, and interviews then take place over Skype, phone or in person.
We also have a limited number of spots left in our seasonal accommodation in Whistler, which will come in handy if you're applying for jobs. But they won't be around for long so get in touch if you're interested.
A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Minimum Level 2 CSIA or CASI or foreign equivalent
- 2 Full Time Seasons (a total of minimum 750 hours ski instructing experience)
- Previous experience working with children
- Ability to work independently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to have a whole lot of fun!!!
- Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that We Care
- Required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check certificate upon check-in (valid within 18 months of your start date).
WAGES AND BENEFITS:
- Your rate of pay will be calculated after review of your instructor certification, seasons of teaching and additional relevant experience. An instructor with a CSIA/CASI level 2 (Canadian Ski Instructors' Alliance/Canadian Association Snowboard Instructors-or foreign equivalent) and 2 years of full time teaching experience will make a minimum of $14.70/hour CAD to $22.50/hour CAD
- Should an instructor gain additional certification/experience during employment, their wage may increase beyond $22.50/hr
- The largest ski and snowboard school in Canada – more than 1000 instructors from all over the world!
- State of the art facilities for teaching children
- Exceptional personal training opportunities with the best trainers in Canada
- Potential for earning more dollars than at any other ski school in the country
- Scholarship program for professional development
- Renowned parties and year end bash
- 4-5 days/week (~20-40 hours), plus extra during peak times.
HOW TO APPLY for these positions:
If you're interested in any of the above ski or snowboard instructor jobs, let us know and we'll give you all of the information you need to apply. Drop us an email on email@example.com or give us a call to find out more.