Nonstop Ski & Snowboard internship vacancy in Clapham, South London
Nonstop Adventure Ltd is a young and exciting company in the adventure sports industry. The successful candidate for this position will join four full time employees in Nonstop’s London office, working predominantly on ski and snowboard instructor and improvement courses in Western Canada, France and New Zealand.
This internship is a non-salaried position but, on completion of the placement, the candidate will be awarded a complimentary place on Nonstop’s Fernie 11 week ski or snowboard instructor course. The course will includes all of the components that a paying client would receive.
The intern will benefit from the experience and training associated with working in a small, dynamic and rapidly growing organisation. By the end of the 6 months the candidate will have a good insight into how a small business operates. It will provide an excellent opportunity to develop a wide range of transferable skills, ranging from marketing, administration, website development, project management and customer service.
The successful candidate must be a keen skier or snowboarder who shares the same passions for the mountains that we do.
Terms of Internship
- Dates: 1st July – 23rd December 2012. Monday to Friday (9.00 – 17.30) and occasional weekends (e.g. Ski shows & Preview Days)
- Location: Unit 3B, The Plough Brewery, 516 Wandsworth Road, London, SW8 3JX
Completion of the internship will result in a free place on our Fernie 11 week course worth £7,510, running between January 2013 and April 2013. This includes all aspects of the course, including coaching, accommodation and meals but excludes flights, travel insurance, spending money, lunches and weekend meals or ski/snowboard equipment. Please see our brochure or website for a full list of what is included in this course.
- Assisting in day-to-day running of the office
- Answering incoming calls
- Assisting in development and upkeep of websites
- Assisting in mailing off promotional material
- Responding to enquiries
- Database management
- Attending trade shows and school fairs
- Assisting with client correspondence
- Analysis of marketing statistics
- Graduate or three years relevant working experience
- Keen skier or snowboarder
- Confident telephone manner
- Good IT skills, including competent use of Excel and Word
- Excellent written English
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm, initiative and a sense of fun
The deadline for applications is 24th March 2012, with interviews taking place in London during April/May 2012.
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please include details of two professional referees in your CV. In the covering letter, include reasons why you would like to complete this internship with us.